In this course, you will write a formal 10 page research paper on a topic of your choice related to a major air cargo operator or hub. The paper will be submitted in Module 8 via a plagiarism detection tool. In Module 1, you will begin the project by submitting a topic for approval. Note: your desired topic must be approved by your instructor during Module 1 of the course.
- 5 Research Paper: Topic Submission
- 4 Research Paper: Status Update
- 4 Research Paper: Submission
Need an original paper done on this topic?
Get Help From our experts
Your final paper is worth 100 points and is 30% of your final course grade. It will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Demonstration of quality and depth of content (60 points)
- Proper organization of the paper (see suggested outline below) (10 points)
- Following overall formatting requirements: Times New Roman font, 12-pt, double-spaced, meeting total page requirements, use of page numbers, title page, table of contents, appropriate labels on any figures and tables. Apply APA style rules; use the current edition of the APA publication manual for guidelines. (10 points)
- Use of correct grammar and evidence of proof-reading, i.e., no spelling errors (10 points)
- Inclusion of a minimum of five scholarly resources and proper APA documentation of references used (10 points)
In addition, maintain these written assignment standards:
- Submit an original paper (one written by the student that has not been previously submitted to fulfill a requirement for another course).
- Save your document as one of the following acceptable file types: .doc, .docx, or .rtf.
- Provide a cover page containing the name of course, the title of the paper, the name of the author, and the date.
- Do not count the cover page or the references page as part of the minimum total pages required.
In Module 8, your paper will automatically be evaluated through Turnitin, a service that checks your work for improper citation or potential plagiarism by comparing it against a database of web pages, student papers, and articles from academic books and publications. Ensure that your work is entirely your own that you have not plagiarized any material!
A detailed evaluation rubric is provided in, 8.4 Research Paper: Submission.
Use the current edition of the APA Publication Manual for guidelines:
American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
All items are due by the posted due date. Failure to meet submission dates will result in points deducted unless you coordinate in advance with your instructor!
Suggested Paper Outline
Note: While your paper may differ somewhat from the outline provided below, it should generally follow this format.
Title of Paper
Table of Contents
Key individuals involved
Vehicles and employees
Key facilities and equipment
Main airports served
Number and type of aircraft
Types of cargo
Partners, alliances, pacts
Code-sharing, joint ventures
Any unique agreements, arrangements, etc.