Additional assignment to demonstrate learning outcomes at Level 7:
Write a 1500 words (each!) critical review.
1) Hughes, J. & Weiss, J. 2007. ‘Simple Rules for Making Alliances Work’, Harvard Business Review, 85(11), pp. 122-6, 128, 130-1.
Please abide by the following pointers in writing your review:
(1) Summarize what you see as the major themes and/or arguments in the chapter or article,
(2) Develop key issues for criticism (both positive points of praise and more negative concerns or worries), possibly using relevant brief quotations where appropriate. What is your reaction to what you have read based on your experience, the reading of other literature, and what you have generally learned about the topic on this course?
(3) Be aware that you are expected connect to wider reading in reacting to the argument(s) of the set texts, demonstrating an advanced level of understanding of key perspectives, theories and concepts that inform contemporary notions of the particular discipline in question, as well as demonstrating an in-depth critical awareness. You will need to reference at least 6 other relevant texts in each review.
You may use the following prompts to structure your reaction:
• Are the ideas put forward expected? Challenging? New? Logical?
• Are they consistent with what you know or with your wider reading?
• Do you agree/disagree with the argument?
• Do you think the article has any potential applications?
• Has it changed your thinking about the topic and its application in 21st century organizations in any way?
(4) The style of the review should balanced and critically constructive. Imagine that you are writing for a journal such as The Economist. Your task is to tell the reader why what you have read matters, or why it claims to matter but does not in fact achieve its ends. You need to highlight what it says, what is new, and what the limitations are.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂