the chapter discusses Meaningful Use and some of the challenges of regulations in health care. Thinking of EHRs, what are some of the mechanisms that should be in place to ensure the threats to privacy and data integrity.
Rhinehart-Thompson Workbook – Chapter 1 – Case Discussion:
Dr. Faber owns a dental practice. He participates in the “meaningful use” program. As a consultant, please assist Dr. Faber to make sure he is complying with all the requirements of the program. In particular, he has the following questions:
1. In 2018, what set of requirements must he abide by?
2. What specifically must Dr. Faber do?
3. Which Stage 3 requirement do you think is most important? Why?
4. Describe the differences among Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 meaningful use.
5. What should Dr. Faber know about certification of EHR products, particularly if he decides to purchase a different EHR in the future?
At least 1-2 sources each