Instructions: Please carefully read the following case study and submit your responses to the questions listed. A drop box has not been set-up for make-up assignments so please submit your assignments via e-mail directly to your instructor. You have until the end of the week to submit your work.
An experienced neonatal intensive care nurse has been asked to serve on a statewide ad hoc committee formed by the March of Dimes. Hospitals are being forced to cut spending on the care of premature infants. The committee is charged with seeking external funding from organizations and the state legislature.
- How should the RN go about having a “voice” at the first meeting?
- The RN is the only male on the committee. How might this affect his communication and personal power on the committee?
- Prepare a short written memo to the state legislators about your request
- What are some important communication behaviors to do when presenting the committee’s request in person to potential external donors?
- How might the committee incorporate technology resources in securing funding and what considerations need to be taken into account?