• The report should analyse impacts in general. It should not be about a
specific city or country, although you may use specific examples.
• The Analysis section should be split into 3 subsections, where you consider
the viewpoints of various stakeholders. The first subsection should cover a
perspective relating to your degree (either The Economic Impacts, The
The other perspectives should be The Environmental Impacts
and The Social Impacts.
• Your report should include the following sections:
Cover Page (not included in word count).
Executive Summary (not included in word count).
Contents Page (not included in word count).
Introduction (suggested: 300 words).
Analysis (suggested: 1200 words. Split into 3 subsections of roughly 400
words each, one for each perspective).
Conclusion (suggested: 150 words).
Recommendations (suggested: 350 words. Include 3 or 4
Reference List (not included in word count).
Further guidance on what should be included in each section is provided below.
Task: Analyse the impacts of making a city centre car-free.
Use this analysis to recommend ways of maximising the benefits
and/or minimising the challenges of making a city centre car-free.
APS 2021/22 Trimester 1 Written Assignment Brief
• Title of the report (the assignment question).
• Title of the module.
• Student Number (1xxxxxx).
• Date of submission.
• Word count. This should exclude the Executive Summary, Contents Page,
Reference List and in-text citations e.g. (Smith, 2021).
Executive Summary (not included in the word count)
• Summary of each section of the report and its key points.
Contents Page (not included in the word count)
• Section headings with page numbers.
Introduction (suggested: 300 words)
• Definition of a car-free city.
• A discussion (with examples) of the various stakeholders involved in making
a city centre car-free.
• A sentence summarising the main aims of the report.
Analysis (suggested: 1200 words, 400 for each perspective)
• One subsection for each of the 3 perspectives. Ideally, each perspective
should cover 2 to 3 different issues.
• Each subsection should have a subheading.
• All key ideas should be supported with reliable, relevant source evidence.
For students studying a degree related to Health and Social Care the first
Analysis subsection should be The Health Impacts.
Relevant issues might include:
➢ Changes in how citizens exercise.
➢ The impact on mental health.
➢ Changes in health related to using vehicles less frequently