Consider the following compounds: 1-butyne, 2-pentyne, 3-hexyne and 3- Nonyne
Explain which compound will have the weakest Acetylenic C-C Infrared absorptions provide a reason for your answer.
2. Consider 3 solutions of CH3CH2OH in a nonpolar IR inactive solvent . Each solution has a differrent Molarity. After IR spectroscopy, would the position of the stretch of the oxygen–hydrogen bond depend on the concentration of the alcoholic solutions?
3. Predict the diagnostic signals for compounds A and B below, and identify the functional groups responsible for that signal? Ignore signals in the fingerprint area
A) (CH3)2CCHOH B) (CH3)2CHCH=CH2
4. See attached, then answer the following:
1) Identify the functional group responsible for the IR spectrum given below.
2) Identify the IR signal that is diagnostic for your interpretation, explain your answer.