Choose ONE age group (Birth to 8 years old) and use what you know about:
• The children and their development at that age/grade,
• The environmental or family concerns that surround children at that age/grade,
• The standards (curriculum) designed for that age/grade,
• Your philosophy of how to teach children,
• Your philosophy of how children learn.
Write a 3 to 5 page paper describing:
1. Your philosophy of teaching
2. The Project Approach in teaching (including the importance and benefits).
3. How you would use the Project Approach with your chosen age/grade (including a
description of a possible teacher-identified project topic, the strategies you would use to
implement the project, etc.) (NOTE: This can be directly related to your unit plan project.)
4. WHY you chose this topic and these strategies.
5. The difficulties you might encounter when using the project approach in your teaching.
6. Additional professional development you believe you need to help you be more effective
in your work with young children and/or any concerns, thoughts, opinions, etc. you have
about your current or future career working with young children.