Before the time of her admission, she lived alone in a small apartment. The patient reported on admission that she has no surviving family. Her support system appears to be other elders who live in her neighborhood. Because of transportation difficulties, most of them are unable to visit frequently. One of her neighbors has reported that she is caring for the patient’s dog, a Yorkshire terrier. As you care for this woman, she begs you to let her friend bring her dog to the hospital. She says that none of the other nurses have listened to her about such a visit. As she asks you about this, she begins to cry and tells you that they have never been separated. You recall that the staff discussed their concern about this woman’s well-being during report that morning. They said that she has been eating very little and seems to be depressed.
1. Based on Nightingale’s work, identify specific interventions that you would provide in caring for this patient.
2. Describe what action, if any, you would take regarding the patient’s request to see her dog. Discuss the theoretical basis of your decision and action based on your understanding of Nightingale’s work.
3. Describe and discuss what nursing diagnoses you would make and what interventions you would initiate to address the patient’s nutritional status and emotional well-being.
4. As the patient’s primary nurse, identify and discuss the planning you would undertake regarding her discharge from the hospital. Identify members of the discharge team and their roles in this process. Describe how you would advocate for the patient based on Nightingale’s observations and descriptions of the role of the nurse.
ASSIGMENT#2 Critical thinking activities
1. Your community is at risk for a specific type of natural disaster (e.g., tornado, flood, hurricane, earthquake). Use Nightingale’s principles and observations to develop an emergency plan for one of these events. Outline the items you would include in the plan.
2. Using Nightingale’s concepts of ventilation, light, noise, and cleanliness, analyze the setting in which you are practicing nursing as an employee or student.
3. You are participating in a quality improvement project in your work setting. Share how you would develop ideas to present to the group based on a Nightingale approach
DO REFERENCES .
IN APA FORMAT and please send me the assignment #1 and the assignment #2 in two different documents
I sent u document to help you do the assigment