Finish reading Act II of Proof. Choose one character from Proof to analyze. Answer the following questions in detail, providing evidence from the play when possible.
Consider the following to better understand the character you have chosen to analyze:
1. The character’s background, words, actions, appearance, interactions with other characters.
2. Does the character change during the course of the work? Or does he or she fail to change? What does this reveal about the character?
3. How would the work be different if the character were excluded? (Go beyond the obvious).
4. How would the work be different if the character had made different choices?
5. What motivates the character to act or not to act?
After completing these questions, begin narrowing to three traits that describe the character you have chosen to analyze.