(1) Discussion on moral theories:
• Choose at least two different moral theories and identify their claims, their
differences and offer your position. (compare a Kantian deontological moral position and a confucian moral position) sources to use: Kant, Fundamental Principles of the Metaphysics of Morals, Mencius, and Ivanhoe, Confucian Moral Self Cultivation
• Demonstrate ethical awareness by critically discussing and analyzing different moral
presuppositions and the origins of structures of complex ethical issues.
(2) Discussion on moral issues in daily life or social issues:
• Choose a specific incident from your experience or social issues and apply at least
two different moral theories.
• Discuss the benefits and limitations of each perspective in understanding the incident
of your choice.
• Identify moral and ethical issues in an event and apply ethical concepts and
frameworks to analyze the incident and offer moral perspectives.
• Times new roman, 12 fonts; one-inch margins in all four sides; double-spaced.
• Length: 5 pages (approximately 1600-1700 words without including notes).
• Give your paper a title that succinctly represents your claim in the paper.
• Paginate your paper. (Do not use your last name in the pagination.)
• Citation: The Chicago style manual