Transforming Care at the Bedside (TCAB) is a progressive and collaborative way to produce quality improvement by nurses who are at the frontline of care. According to The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (2008), nurses and others at the frontline of patient care spend more time with patients and should be engaged in identifying and developing quality improvement. These frontline nurses are leaders. This experience will engage the student as a leader in the healthcare setting while reinforcing the ideas of quality improvement and safety as described by the Quality and Safety, Education for Nurses Initiative (QSEN).
WE’VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH PapersSpot AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT”
Critically assess processes in a healthcare setting to identify a potential process improvement and using the Transforming Care at the Bedside (TCAB) model create a quality improvement plan to improve quality and safety in patient care.
For this assignment, review the TCAB tutorial found on Canvas. Critically assess your clinical site and determine if there is an area where a process can be changed. You may have already identified this in your Health Promotion Plan in NUR 461. Utilize 2 current nursing research articles (within the last 5 years) to support the process change and/or implemented change.
For the assignment:
- Through observation in your clinical setting, create a design challenge using the form found in the TCAB tutorial.
- Conduct a brainstorming session with your preceptor surrounding one identified TCAB theme: patient centered care; care team vitality; reduction of waste; safety and reliability.
- Refer to idea sorting and selection section of tutorial to establish the concept of your TCAB project.
- Complete the idea sorting and selection matrix found on page 8 in the tutorial.
- Once you have established the concept of your TCAB project, identify all job titles potentially affected by your design.
- Outline an implementation plan including one small test of change.
- What do you need to do to implement the change?
- Discuss a plan to evaluate this change including one measurable, achievable, time sensitive goal.
- Assignment to be presented in the form of a voice over power point (VOP) on Canvas. Please limit VOP to 1-2 slides per section (no more than 10 slides).
- Brainstorming and identified TCAB theme
- Proposed change to be implemented
- Who could be affected by your designed change
- Implementation plan
- Goal and measurement/evaluation of proposed change
- You may find this link helpful in creating a voice over power point presentation: How to create a VOPP https://youtu.be/3uk4CU7uobM
- APA format in-text citations and APA format reference list are required.
- See assignment grading rubric for specific grading criteria.
- Submit the TCAB VOP electronically via Canvas
Transforming Care at the Bedside: history and results. (2008). Retrieved from
Transforming Care at the Bedside Toolkit. (2008). Retrieved from