Please define fine art terms and answer questions listed below
I. Define the following terms from your reading
1. art song
10. Mass Ordinary
13. solo concerto
14. concerto grosso
18. Musical Classicism
21. New Orleans style
24. free jazz
46. atonal music
53. binary form
54. ternary form
55. ritornello form
56. sonata-allegro form
59. opera buffa
60. Grand Opera
II.Answer the following questions using 1-2 complete sentences.
1. List and define the 12 terms and their meanings for tempo.
2. What are the 5 parts of the Mass Ordinary?What does each section translate to?
3. What are the 6 families of instruments?What instruments make up each group?
4. What are the 7 voice types found in operatic singing?
III.Answer the following questions using 5-7 complete sentences.
1.Explore the connection between music and emotion in your life.For example, what songs do you sing on long road trips?What music reminds you of incidents in your past? Do you tend to associate music with pleasant or unpleasant times? What do you play if you need to relax after a day of disappointment and frustration? What music can you hear over and over without tiring of it? Can you say why?
2.Because of its theatrical, musical, and dramatic qualities, opera has been called the “total art form” or gesamkunstwerk.In today’s world the same has been said of film.Which do you think is correct? Why? Could both arguments be right?
3.When and how did opera begin? What purpose does it serve that can not be served as well by theater alone?
4. Do a critical analysis of a piece of your choice in the listening section of moodle. Why did you pick the piece you did?