Develop an analytical PowerPointÂ® presentation (18-22 slides) about the creation of the DHS.
Important: Please keep slides â€œclean and readableâ€ (e.g., do not overload your slides with verbiage). Do include talking points in the presenterâ€™s note section below the slide.
In this Assignment, address all of the following:
- Do you think DHS needed to be formed? Use the following five identified major factors and underlying challenges that led to the establishment of the DHS:
- A political need for a response to the 9/11 attack,
- An attempt to better “connect-the-dots” in order to prevent and deter attacks on the USA Homeland,
- Creation of a more effective response structure to attacks,
- Creation of a more effective response structure to disasters,
- Creation of a more cost effective homeland security apparatus.
- Analyze the above five factors and explain how they contributed to the formation of DHS, then answer the following questions:
- Did the federal government take too long to move from the Cold War model of homeland protection?
- Is DHS and the IC (Intelligence Community) properly structured?
- Does DHS include too many agencies and/or are there some critical agencies missing?
- Your slide requirement is excluding your title, introduction, and reference slides.
- Use one basic slide design and layout.
- Limit slides to between 6 and 8 lines of content.
- You may use pictures, charts, and graphs to supplement your material as long as they do not take up the entire slide
- Use bullets for your main points.
- Use speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience, being sure to follow the Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained
- Presentation should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
- Appropriate citation style should be followed
You should also make sure to:
- Use examples to support your discussion
- Cite all sources on a separate reference slide at the end of your PowerPoint and reference and cite within the body of the presentation using APA format and citation style.